Now Hiring! Shop and Studio Manager
Shop & Studio Manager
Illyria Pottery is the independent studio and shop of potter and ceramicist, Katie Coston. Katie began Illyria in 2008 and opened the Oxford shop in 2013. Illyria is now a neighbourhood staple and a destination in its own right.
We’re looking for a bright, self-motivated, and energetic assistant to join our team. The position is for a part-time employee, who will oversee the smooth running of several new initiatives in the studio, including our apprenticeship program, open-access studio rental, and ongoing workshops. The role also includes minding the shop, bookkeeping and VAT recordkeeping, shipping and receiving, communication with customers and clients, and day-to-day office administration and organisation.
The ideal candidate:
- Is a highly organised and efficient problem-solver
- Possesses a strong attention to detail
- Anticipates work that needs to be done, rather than being told
- Provides excellent customer-service at all times
- Communicates clearly and effectively
- Possess a can-do attitude
- Works independently but is also a team player
- Is professional and discreet
- Understands the Illyria aesthetic and ethos
- An undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- 2+ years’ work experience in customer service, retail, or office assistance
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Primarily Word and Excel)
- Tech savvy (website backend updates, Etsy management, online bookings, app updates, etc.)
Salary & Benefits:
- £10 per hour (3 days per week, 10:15-5:45)
- Flexible working days (preference for M, W, F)
- Free access to the apprenticeship “Masterclass” and studio supplies (clay, glazes, firings)
To apply, email a cover letter and CV to email@example.com by 31 March.